8.21.2012

SSSSSooo Easy Halloween Wreath

I love-love-love Halloween, but I can't handle the typical gory decorations. I made this creepy wreath in a day and I love the way it turned out. My snake-phobic husband hates it which means it must look great. Thank you to Martha Stewart for the idea and instructions.
You'll need toy rubber snakes, a grape vine wreath form, black spray paint (I used glossy for extra Eewww!) and floral wire. Spray paint all the snakes and the wreath front and back before attaching them. I put tape over the snake's tongues so they stayed red. Once everything is dry, attach the snakes in the most wriggly way to the wreath with the floral wire. (You will need wire cutters) Finish by spray painting the whole thing again to hide the wire and any spots you may have missed. Remove the tape from the tongues and you're done. I'd love to know if you tried this and how it turned out.

No comments: