8.21.2012

Halloween Costumes 1-2-3

I may have mentioned that I LOVE HALLOWEEN. I love the challenge of finding and making costumes and this year was so much fun for me. My oldest decided that she wanted to be a witch and that set the tone for the other two. We went for classic Halloween costumes across the board. I have a witch, a ghost and a little skeleton.


 

















My witch has some fancy flair (of course). Her hat was embellished with a bright chartreuse boa. To her lacy, witchy shirt (a Goodwill find) we added big charteuse spiral buttons. I made her no-sew skirt from black tulle and her cape was a half-slip that we tied with a satin bow. I think she looks fabulous, and her happy smile tells me she thinks so too.



















My two-year-old was more challenging. She is a ghost, but again, we have flair! We are not talking about holes cut in an old sheet here. She is (in her words) a "princess ghost". I am very proud of this costume because #1- all of it was bought from our church yard sale and #2 because it doesn't show how sewing-challenged I actually am. (Fabric-Tac glue is my best friend.) 
Her dress was a crinoline slip. Her cape was a sheer curtain with ruffle trim tied with an ivory satin bow. Her hood and the sleeves of her dress were the ruffle tie-backs for the sheer curtain. I would never use these curtains as window treatments, but they make one terrific "Princess Ghost"! 

 















I lucked out with my 11-month-old son's costume. I scored some adorable skeleton jammies at the church sale. He's cute. He's comfortable. And I'm DONE. Trick or Treat!

No comments: